Step 2: These attributes would then have values
Step 3: These attributes can be combined to create attribute sets. A set would have the individual dimensions and the sequence in which they are used as details
Step 4: Based on the sets defined above a combination of attribute values could be created
When the above structure has to be stored in AX tables, it is divided in two parts. The part 1 takes care of storing the schema and the part 2 takes care of storing the values.
Part 1 : the details about the dimensions are stored in
- DimensionAttribute = this tables is the dimension master. Each dimension has 1 record in this table. (Step 1)
- DimensionAttributeSet = this table maintains the dimension set. (Step 3)
- DimensionAttributeSetItem = this table store the details of individual attributes in each set (Step 3.1.1 to 3.2.2)
Part 2 : The *Value counterparts are :-
- DimensionAttributeValue : The individual values ( Step 1.1 to 2.3). There is a EntityInstance field in this table. That’s the relation to the value original table when the dimensions are not custom values.
- DimensionAttributeValueSet : The values corresponding to each set. There is a hash value generated for each combination of values. (a hash is a numeric equivalent of a string)
- DimensionAttributeValueSetItem : The individual values for each of the attribute of the set.
- FinancialTagCategory: This table stores record of custom financial dimension.
- DimensionFinancialTag: this table stores custom financial dimensions value.
The combination of Ledger Account with the DimensionAttributes is stored in a new set of tables referred as ValueGroup Tables. As the name suggests the value group is a group that is created to store values (amounts)
- DimensionAttributeValueCombination: Stores combination of Ledger and DimensionAttributes
- DimensionAttributeValueGroup: Stores dimension group
- DimensionAttributeValueGroupCombination: Store relation of DimensionAttributeValueGroup and DimensionAttributeValueCombination
- DimensionAttributeLevelValue: Stores dimension value of ledger dimension