2. Profile Type: A profile type is used to identify how a time interval is classified as either Standard time, overtime, break, and flex time on a given day. A profile type can be configured as one of the 8 profile specification types given below :
- Clock in : Time when the worker is expected to clock in
- Clock out: Time when the worker is expected to clock out.
- Standard time : Time to be considered as work hours during the calculation
- Overtime : Time to be considered as overtime during the calculation
- Break : Time to be considered as unpaid break during the calculation
- Paid Break : Breaks may be paid by the legal entity (Paid break). Otherwise the break time will be deducted from the work time.
- Flex + : indicates that the flex balance is increased if the worker is at work. Typically, the Flex+ periods are put before clock-in and after clock-out. .
- Flex - indicates that hours are deducted from the flex balance if the worker is not at work. Typically, the Flex- periods are put between clock-in and clock-out times.
A more visible use of the profile being decided based on the clock in time is the use of the shifts in a company. Consider a scenario when an employee could clock into any of the 3 shift that cover the 24 hours in a day one way to apply the relevant profile would be by using profile relations to decided what time profile to be applied to the worker which in turn would decide his break and overtimes.
4. Profile Calendar: Profile calendar is used to a specific work time profile to one or more workers on a specific date regardless of the clock in time.
In the screen below july 27 has been set as half day for the entire company. This form can also be used to setup holidays.
4.1 Work Planner: In the profile calendar form above there are links available to populate entries into it while compose and copy interval are simple. Work planner is a graphical tool used to create profile calendar entries graphically.
To use the form first set a selection in the list of profiles available (marked 1 in the screen below) then click on the desired cell in the grid (marked 2 in the screen below)
The data changes from this screen would be committed to the profile calendar form however records might not be visible due to the active filters on the form so make sure you open the form from the menu Human Resouce -> Area Page -> Setup -> Time and Attendance-> Time Profiles -> Profile Calendar.