Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Using gmail as a SMTP Server

Firstly you will not be able to do a direct telnet as gmail using secure connections so there is a free utility that you can use it is called OpenSSL and works pretty much the same as telnet however you will have to enter your username and password in 64 bit MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) based content transfer encoding with base64

Dont worry if didnt quite understand the last bit :-) this encoding is just a standard used to encode non-text 8 bit and binary data. Sometimes used for text data that frequently uses non-US-ASCII characters. There is an internet site which can encode your text data into MIME base64 using this free online utility http://base64-encoder-online.waraxe.us/

1. To begin with download the OpenSSL for windows from http://code.google.com/p/openssl-for-windows/downloads/list

2. Encode your gmail username and password using the encoding utility
3. Go to the DOC command prompt and start the OpenSSL utililty
openssl s_client -ssl3 -connect smtp.gmail.com:587 -starttls smtp -crlf
Loading 'screen' into random state - done
CONNECTED(0000015C)
depth=1 /C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority
verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
verify return:0
---
Certificate chain
0 s:/C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Google Inc/CN=smtp.gmail.com
i:/C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority
1 s:/C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority
i:/C=US/O=Equifax/OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority
---
Server certificate
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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=
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
subject=/C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Google Inc/CN=smtp.gmail.com
issuer=/C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority
---
No client certificate CA names sent
---
SSL handshake has read 1932 bytes and written 337 bytes
---
New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is RC4-SHA
Server public key is 1024 bit
Compression: NONE
Expansion: NONE
SSL-Session:
Protocol : SSLv3
Cipher : RC4-SHA
Session-ID: F08336D4E6FBF5787A197A46D52333B1B2F19B1DA908C213184DD4797B92E60A

Session-ID-ctx:
Master-Key: 18C7490AA3E755D0BCE0EFB80CF99FD0D245A0C6FE58F4D1AD0176E0D826667B
CB8B5ECCE9AA6C67FE680139FF3C771D
Key-Arg : None
Start Time: 1324960518
Timeout : 7200 (sec)
Verify return code: 20 (unable to get local issuer certificate)
---
250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES

AUTH LOGIN
334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
c2hhaUBzaGFpLWFydml4ZS5jb20=
334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
bjw1JWptPm5+OWtjVjdpRi9IIl5HcEhnaHMwN
235 2.7.0 Accepted
mail from:<
snk@ae.columbusit.com>
250 2.1.0 OK b20sm85444224ibj.7
rcpt to: <
snk@ae.columbusit.com>
250 2.1.5 OK b20sm85444224ibj.7
data

354 Go ahead b20sm85444224ibj.7
subject:Hello
Hello World from gmail SMTP
.

250 2.0.0 OK 1324960636 b20sm85444224ibj.7
quit

221 2.0.0 closing connection b20sm85444224ibj.7
read:errno=0

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

After I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked the -Notify me
when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on each time
a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.

There has to be a means you are able to remove me
from that service? Thanks!

Here is my blog musicos artistas

Otr 214424 said...

VIRUS REMOVAL

Is Your Computer Sluggish or Plagued With a Virus? – If So you Need Online Tech Repairs
As a leader in online computer repair, Online Tech Repairs Inc has the experience to deliver professional system optimization and virus removal.Headquartered in Great Neck, New York our certified technicians have been providing online computer repair and virus removal for customers around the world since 2004.
Our three step system is easy to use; and provides you a safe, unobtrusive, and cost effective alternative to your computer service needs. By using state-of-the-art technology our computer experts can diagnose, and repair your computer system through the internet, no matter where you are.
Our technician will guide you through the installation of Online Tech Repair Inc secure software. This software allows your dedicated computer expert to see and operate your computer just as if he was in the room with you. That means you don't have to unplug everything and bring it to our shop, or have a stranger tramping through your home.
From our remote location the Online Tech Repairs.com expert can handle any computer issue you want addressed, like:
• - System Optimization
• - How it works Software Installations or Upgrades
• - How it works Virus Removal
• - How it works Home Network Set-ups
Just to name a few.
If you are unsure of what the problem may be, that is okay. We can run a complete diagnostic on your system and fix the problems we encounter. When we are done our software is removed; leaving you with a safe, secure and properly functioning system. The whole process usually takes less than an hour. You probably couldn't even get your computer to your local repair shop that fast!
Call us now for a FREE COMPUTER DIAGONISTIC using DISCOUNT CODE (otr214424@gmail.com) on +1-914-613-3786 or chat with us on www.onlinetechrepairs.com.

Otr 214424 said...

Problem: HP Printer not connecting to my laptop.
I had an issue while connecting my 2 year old HP printer to my brother's laptop that I had borrowed for starting my own business. I used a quick google search to fix the problem but that did not help me.
I then decided to get professional help to solve my problem. After having received many quotations from various companies, i decided to go ahead with Online Tech Repair (www.onlinetechrepairs.com).
Reasons I chose them over the others:
1) They were extremely friendly and patient with me during my initial discussions and responded promptly to my request.
2) Their prices were extremely reasonable.
3) They were ready and willing to walk me through the entire process step by step and were on call with me till i got it fixed.
How did they do it
1) They first asked me to state my problem clearly and asked me a few questions. This was done to detect any physical connectivity issues with the printer.
2) After having answered this, they confirmed that the printer and the laptop were functioning correctly.
3) They then, asked me if they could access my laptop remotely to troubleshoot the problem and fix it. I agreed.
4) One of the tech support executives accessed my laptop and started troubleshooting.
5) I sat back and watched as the tech support executive was navigating my laptop to spot the issue. The issue was fixed.
6) I was told that it was due to an older version of the driver that had been installed.
My Experience
I loved the entire friendly conversation that took place with them. They understood my needs clearly and acted upon the solution immediately. Being a technical noob, i sometimes find it difficult to communicate with tech support teams. It was a very
different experience with the guys at Online Tech Repairs. You can check out their website www.onlinetechrepairs.com or call them on 1-914-613-3786.
Would definitely recommend this service to anyone who needs help fixing their computers.
Thanks a ton guys. Great Job....!!

Otr 214424 said...

Problem: HP Printer not connecting to my laptop.
I had an issue while connecting my 2 year old HP printer to my brother's laptop that I had borrowed for starting my own business. I used a quick google search to fix the problem but that did not help me.
I then decided to get professional help to solve my problem. After having received many quotations from various companies, i decided to go ahead with Online Tech Repair (www.onlinetechrepairs.com).
Reasons I chose them over the others:
1) They were extremely friendly and patient with me during my initial discussions and responded promptly to my request.
2) Their prices were extremely reasonable.
3) They were ready and willing to walk me through the entire process step by step and were on call with me till i got it fixed.
How did they do it
1) They first asked me to state my problem clearly and asked me a few questions. This was done to detect any physical connectivity issues with the printer.
2) After having answered this, they confirmed that the printer and the laptop were functioning correctly.
3) They then, asked me if they could access my laptop remotely to troubleshoot the problem and fix it. I agreed.
4) One of the tech support executives accessed my laptop and started troubleshooting.
5) I sat back and watched as the tech support executive was navigating my laptop to spot the issue. The issue was fixed.
6) I was told that it was due to an older version of the driver that had been installed.
My Experience
I loved the entire friendly conversation that took place with them. They understood my needs clearly and acted upon the solution immediately. Being a technical noob, i sometimes find it difficult to communicate with tech support teams. It was a very
different experience with the guys at Online Tech Repairs. You can check out their website www.onlinetechrepairs.com or call them on 1-914-613-3786.
Would definitely recommend this service to anyone who needs help fixing their computers.
Thanks a ton guys. Great Job....!!

Otr 214424 said...

Problem: HP Printer not connecting to my laptop.
I had an issue while connecting my 2 year old HP printer to my brother's laptop that I had borrowed for starting my own business. I used a quick google search to fix the problem but that did not help me.
I then decided to get professional help to solve my problem. After having received many quotations from various companies, i decided to go ahead with Online Tech Repair (www.onlinetechrepairs.com).
Reasons I chose them over the others:
1) They were extremely friendly and patient with me during my initial discussions and responded promptly to my request.
2) Their prices were extremely reasonable.
3) They were ready and willing to walk me through the entire process step by step and were on call with me till i got it fixed.
How did they do it
1) They first asked me to state my problem clearly and asked me a few questions. This was done to detect any physical connectivity issues with the printer.
2) After having answered this, they confirmed that the printer and the laptop were functioning correctly.
3) They then, asked me if they could access my laptop remotely to troubleshoot the problem and fix it. I agreed.
4) One of the tech support executives accessed my laptop and started troubleshooting.
5) I sat back and watched as the tech support executive was navigating my laptop to spot the issue. The issue was fixed.
6) I was told that it was due to an older version of the driver that had been installed.
My Experience
I loved the entire friendly conversation that took place with them. They understood my needs clearly and acted upon the solution immediately. Being a technical noob, i sometimes find it difficult to communicate with tech support teams. It was a very
different experience with the guys at Online Tech Repairs. You can check out their website www.onlinetechrepairs.com or call them on 1-914-613-3786.
Would definitely recommend this service to anyone who needs help fixing their computers.
Thanks a ton guys. Great Job....!!

internet income suggestions The Boy said...

I'm looking forward to using these next year.
spoken english